There are not many things that make my socks explode.
* Crysis (and Crysis Warhead)- Nope. Nice graphics but hum-hum gameplay which is broken too often by the code requiring the PC equivalent of a nuclear super carrier.
* The iPad- apart from sounding like a female sanitary thingies I can see no point to the damn thing. The lack of keyboard is frustrating, the Flash-less browser sucks and the accuracy of the touch screen leaves a lot to be desired.
* 3D cinema- Headache.
But sock explosions do happen every now and then.
* Alice The Madness Returns- To call this game beautiful would be an insult. Artwise, it makes me cream my pants. The original rocked my socks and this sequel is no different. Awesome, awesome, awesome.... um... awesome. Aparently it has only had so-so reviews, but so did the original. I really, really like this game.
* The Big Bang Theory TV show- I'm not a big fan of American sitcoms, but geez, this show actually makes me laugh out loud at 2.30am (the only time I can actually watch anything) and wake up the neighbours.
* G.Skill 2X2GB PC8500 DDR2 RAM- It enabled me to overclock my lowly Core Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz to 3.7Ghz. Heck, the RAM even overclocks a bit, it's now sitting at 1106Mhz... It's stable with Prime95 for a couple of hours and that's good enough. [/Geek out]
* Mixmeister- Fucking great piece of software that allows you to mix, encode and burn music. Brilliant for making house and trance mixes for those bus trips to and from work.
Listening to: The Cure
Reading: Chaos- The amazing science of the unpredicatble
Watching: Big Bang Theory